Friday, December 28, 2007

I do not know who wrote this, but cheers to the author!


If I Didn't Have Dogs...

I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.

My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.

All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of hair.

When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel.

When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through
fuzzy bodies who beat me there.

I could sit on the couch and my bed the way I wanted, without taking
into consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get
comfortable.

I would have money .....and no guilt to go on a real vacation.

I would not be on a first-name basis with 6 veterinarians, as I put
their yet unborn grand kids through college.

The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: out, sit, down,
come, no, stay, and leave him/her/it ALONE.

My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or
barriers.

My house would not look like a day care center, toys everywhere.

My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra
leash.

I would no longer have to Spell the words B-A-L-L, F-R-I-S-B-E- E,
W-A-L-K, T-R-E-A-T, B-I-K-E, G-O, R-I-D-E, C-O-O-K-I-E

I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.

I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE dog/cat ties
them down too much.

I'd look forward to spring and the rainy season instead of dreading
'mud' season.

I would not have to answer the question 'Why do you have so many
animals?' from people who will never have the joy in their lives of
knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close to an angel
as they will ever get.

How EMPTY my life would be!


21 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Hi Oliver!
We're friends of Hercs and we want to welcome you to the blogging world! We love blogging! Our favorite postings are those about FOOD, our favorite subject!
We can't wait to read more about your daily adventures!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Peanut said...

We love this poem-essay whatever you want to call it. You are going to have so much fun blogging.

Kirby said...

Hi Oliver,

I'm a friend of Herc's as well, and also wanted to welcome you to the exciting world of blogging. I love to blog, so does mom! Much like Maggie and Mitch, I love to blog and read blogs about FOOD and toys, both are equal favorites in my mind! Welcome and I can't wait to see what other wonderful subjects you come up with!!

Your pal,
Kirby

Putter said...

Hi Oliver!

I am Putter ... HERC's GIRL! I wanted to come by to say hi and welcome you to the blogging world! You will have tons of FUNNEST EVER I just know !!!!!!!!! Welcome Oliver! I can't wait to get to chat more!

Love,

Putter ...:)

Amber-Mae said...

Hi there Oliver! So nice to meet ya! I'm Amber-Mae. Malaysia's 1st dancing Golden!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

The Black and Tans. said...

Hello Oliver

We are friends of Hercules as well. He mentioned you were new to blogging, it is guaranteed fun and we look forward to hearing all about your adventures.

Molly and Taffy

Balboa said...

Hey Oliver,

Welcome to DWB!

That's one of my favorite poems.

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

Princess Patches said...

Hi Oliver,

Welcome to the blog world! We found your link on Herc's blog. We just know you are as cool as he is!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny

Stanley said...

See what I mean, Ollie? You already have a bevy of buds surrounding you. Get used to it.

I have no idea how to answer your question about just what IS a dog, but I know that we are superior beings.

Herc asked us to give you some advice about blogging. All I can say is, just be yourself and don't feel pressure to comment on every other dog's posts every day. You pick up a lot of friends this way, and sometimes it's hard to keep up with everydog, but they understand.

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

Stella said...

Hey, Ollie Boy!

We haven't met yet. I'm Stanley's sissy, Stella. I just bet we're going to like each other. It looks like I could curl up in your long hairs and get all snuggly.

Can't wait to hear more about you, and maybe make a date for the dog park.

Gooby love & tiny kissies,
STELLA

Clover said...

Hi Oliver!
Welcome to blogging! I was sent over by Herc.
I like that poem, thanks for sharing it with us.
Love Clover xo

The Airechicks said...

Hey Oliver:

We've been by Hercs and we wanted to come by and welcome you and just say "HEY"

Can't wait for all your adventures..

Talk about anything !!!

XXXooooXXXooo

Unknown said...

Hey Cuz...

Persephone and Buster said...

hi oliver--welcome to blogging.. we're sort of new too..
my brother theBUSTER & I, Ms.Persephone Empress of Hades like this blogging around so we had to stop in and say hi to the new hairy sheepdog guy.. do you herd sheep? we've tried it.. tell us all what you like to do!!
Ms. Persephone

Asta said...

Hello Oliver! Welcome!!!

My name is Asta up over, thewe is anothew Asta in Austwalis ,she's Asta down undew,hehehehe
I hope you have as much fun as the west of us in DWB...I love that poem..it weally speaks about ouw hoomans love fow us...you suwe awe a vewy handsome boy , and I hope you come visit me an put youw facie in my guestbook
smoochie kisses
Asta

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Hey Oliver...

Welcome, welcome!! Herc sent us too...u have entered a fab world of caring pups, kitties...and hamsters...(you'll meet Girl Girl soon....) and you will have sooo much fun.

We loved your poem!

Having added yet another terrier our former pack of two, your poem is our daily existance. Especially when the doorbell rings!

Ya asked what a dog is...

that one's easy...

A dog is love...simple as that!

come and play in our blog...

Scruffy, Lacie and Babystan

Noah the Airedale said...

G'day Oliver
We are 4 airedale terriers from Australia. We found you via Hercule's blog. It's good to meet you. Hope you enjoy the land of blog!

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Bogart H. Devil said...

Hiya Oliver!!

Your buddy Herc sent us over to check you out... welcome to the wild wooly world of blogging!

Love,
Bogart

Putter said...

OMG! Hi Oliver! Hi!

Thanks so muchest ever for coming by MY bloggie to say hi! I can't even wait to talk more! You must be super duper coolest ever if you are MY HERC's bestest ever friend! OMG!!!!! :)))))

Love,

Putter ...:)

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Hey Oliver...just stopped by to see ya...get a Cbox for ur bloggie...they're fun too....!!!!

Hope ur having a good day...it's cold and snowy here...we're nappin' now but we wanna go play in the snow soon!!

Scruffy

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Yo...Oliver...Poker at our place tonight...bring Beer and food....

Scruffy